The Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic was established on February 25, 1921.
On the night of 11 to 12 February 1921, with the instigation of Ordzhonikidze, the Bolsheviks attacked local Georgian military posts in the ethnic Armenian district of Lorri and the nearby village of Shulaveri, near the Armenian and Azerbaijani borders.
On February 25, 1921 the Red Army entered the capital Tbilisi and installed a Moscow directed communist government, led by Georgian Bolshevik Filipp Makharadze.
Until 1937, Budu (Polikarp) Gurgen Mdivani lived in this house. He was a revolutionary, Russian Social-Democratic Labor Party member from 1903; he was actively engaged in revolutionary activities and in the civil war in Transcaucasia. In 1920-1921 he is the member of Transcaucasian Bureau of...
The website was developed with the financial support of The Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association.
The website was developed with the financial support of Open Society Georgia Foundation. The views, opinions and statements expressed by the authors and those providing comments are theirs only and do not necessarily reflect the position of Open Society Georgia Foundation.
Therefore, the Open Society Georgia Foundation is not responsible for the content of the information material.
საბჭოთა წარსულის კვლევის ლაბორატორია